RECORD GROWTH FOR NFL GAMEPASS INTERNATIONAL
In 2020/21, despite disruption to the regular season and the cancellation of pre-season and the Pro Bowl, NFL Game Pass International had its best season on record, reaching more fans than ever.
This included record consumption (+25% year-on-year), a record level of paid subscribers (+31% year-on-year), record levels of subscriber retention (+16% year-on-year), and a record number of new subscribers (+25% year-on-year).
EXPERIENCE NFL GAME PASS
STEP-CHANGE FOR DATA-DRIVEN OTT MARKETING
Two Circles is responsible for growing the NFL Game Pass International user base across 181 markets by servicing and retaining the existing audience whilst bringing new fans into the sport through the platform.
Central to the approach in 2020/21 was investment in digital marketing technology and a highly effective, data-driven season-long campaign that was based in fan behavioural insight.
The depth of the data used, and the sophistication of resulting marketing tactics to both increase engagement with current subscribers to drive retention and bring new fans into the marketing funnel, is a step-change in D2C sports streaming.
● Increase the number of hours of content consumed per fan across all products.
● Improve overall fan satisfaction scores from 2019/20 season – with a specific focus on ease of finding content, depth of content and variety of content.
● Convert more of the growing organic interest in the NFL and NFL Game Pass into new subscribers.
● Introduce strategic price drops and promotions to acquire new subscribers.
● Deeper, real-time analysis of paid media investments to optimise spend.
Using its proprietary data models and machine-learning technology, Two Circles collected and analysed all relevant demographic, behavioural and attitudinal characteristics of Game Pass International subscribers to understand how they consumed content and what influenced their engagement with the platform. This was used to inform and drive all retention and acquisition strategies.
There were four key marketing areas this helped direct:
1) Driving retention through Personas
2) Converting organic interest into subscribers
3) Paid media optimisation
4) Elasticity analysis-driven pricing
TOTAL CONSUMPTION (VS 2019/20)
TOTAL SUBSCRIBERS (VS 2019/20)
NEW PAID SUBSCRIBERS (VS 2019/20)
SUBSCRIBER RETENTION (VS 2019/20)
SUBSCRIBER REVENUE (VS 2019/20)
BREADTH OF CONTENT CONSUMED (VS 2019/20)
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION